Pages

11 Sep 2011

Catch The Wind

April  2003

Sometimes you see a cross stitch charts and you know straight away that you want to stitch it but for some reason you feel that the colours the project is stitched in just aren’t right for where you plan to hang the finished piece.

That’s exactly what happened when I first saw a picture of ‘Catch The Wind’  in a magazine. 
It’s a Marilyn Leavitt Imblum counted cross stitch design from her Butternut Road line.


I really loved the picture but the colours were just too dark for the walls of my craft room where I wanted to hang it, so I set to and had a go at changing the thread colours to fit my décor.

In the end I decided to stitch on Pale Blue evenweave fabric and stitched the little girls dresses in pastel shades of Yellow, Green and Blue. 

When it was finished I had it framed in a Blue frame with a Yellow mount which complemented the stitching and matched my Lemon walls.



No comments:

Post a Comment