3 Jun 2024

Summer at last! (And the weather has finally got the memo too)

 May is behind us now and I’m set for a summer of stitching, but I can’t let it pass without a quick round up of the month’s work.

I stitched every day but one and in total, I worked on seven projects, of which three were new starts and had four finishes all of which I have already blogged about.

I also had three projects that I got around to fully finishing, so not too bad if I say so myself.

Two of the FFO’s were the Prairie Schooler Santa’s,

that I’ve been stitching as part of the 12 in 24 Christmas Ornament sal,  that Carol from  Stitching Dream Blogspot  hosts.

This is the 1995 Santa, that was my April Ornament

And this is the 2001 Santa,  that was my one for May. 


The other FFO was my Cross Stitch Camp Badge which I stitched onto my camp project bag.

As you probably already know, cross stitch camp started on 1st June and the challenge is to add a pop of colour to a single colour pattern or take a colourful chart and stitch it in just one colour.

I decided to go with the first option and have chosen to stitch ‘Black Sampler 2021’ which is an original design from Whilst Iris Naps Designs.

I’ll be stitching it on 36ct Millstone from Legacy Fibre Arts Linen, with Black Silky thread and pops of Red and Green curtsey of Roxy Floss Co, Classic Color Works and The Gentle Arts threads.

I worked on Butterfly Lace Mandala for the Chatelaine Weekender again and have hit the top right-hand corner. Here’s where it was on Friday

And this is where I am now. 


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 Project Details


1995 & 2001 Santa’s

Designer -  Prairie Schooler

Fabric – 18ct Aida – Tea/Coffee Dyed by myself

Threads – Called for DMC’s


Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads

 

Black Sampler 2021

Designer – Whilst Iris Naps

Fabric – 36ct Millstone – Legacy Fibre Artz Linen

Threads – Silky (Black) Roxy Floss Co (Fresh Cut & On Holiday) Classic Colorworks ( Weeping Willow) The Gentle Art (Cranberry)

 

1 comment:

  1. Love your latest PS Santas, Sue! The pear tree one is one of my favorites, too--still need to stitch the one with the stockings. The piece you've chosen to add color to for Cross Stitch Camp will be so pretty--enjoy! ♥

    ReplyDelete