2 May 2024

Prairie Schooler Santa – 2001

It doesn’t seem five minutes ago we were welcoming in the new year and now, here we are saying hi to May already.

Stitching wise, April went well. 

I worked on seven projects during the month, two of which were new starts and three were finishes.

One of the new starts was my 12 in 24ornament, which was also one of my finished items.

That is the Prairie Schooler Santa from 2001.

I also picked up the 1995 Santa again that was started back in July last year and them promptly lost.

Now it’s back safe and sound with the rest of my wips and will be finished as my May ornament.

There was another ‘Chatelaine Weekender’ to join in with and I continued to stitch on that big yellow butterfly.

I had hoped to get it finished but I didn’t quite make it, so may be this weekend!

And then it was May, and for many in the stitching world, that means only one thing, ‘May-nia’.  As the name suggests, it involves stitchers' 'manically' stitching away on silly numbers of projects or new starts throughout the month.

I’ve decided not to join in this year because I have a gift that needs to be urgently stitched in a bit of a hurry.

I started ‘Golden Wedding Sampler Gold Roses & Orchids’

by STG Stitch UK (Etsy) on 1st May and I’ll be concentrating on it until it’s done.


I’m working on 32ct Murano Evenweave, in Ivory, using my own colour conversion of DMC threads and it’s my 43rd new start for the celebrate 50 startalong  with Michelle from Penny’s Daughter Shares, on Instagram.

Now, what is it they say…….April showers bring May Flowers!

Well I dodged the showers to get some of my summer bedding plants into my pots and baskets. 

I’m pleased with the way the garden is looking now the new lawn has been laid and the rain and major thunder storm in the early hours of this morning meant I didn’t need to water it today. 
I really can’t wait for the weather to change so I can get some stitching done out there.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

Prairie Schooler Santa 2001 & 1995

Designer - Prairie Schooler

Fabric – 16ct Aida – Coffee / Tea dyed my me

Threads – Called for DMC Standard Cotton

 

Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads

 

Golden Wedding Sampler Gold Roses & Orchids

Designer – STG Stitch UK (PDF)

Fabric – 32ct Murano Evenweave – Ivory

Threads – DMC Standard thread (own conversion)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a productive April with your stitching and gardening endeavors, Sue! Well done! Have a wonderful May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again Robin, it's good to be able to get back out there and do things again! Happy Stitching. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Sue, your garden is lovely...looks like a very special place to sit and stitch...hope the weather cooperates! I've never done Maynia....seems too overwhelming, though I know people fine tune to suit their needs. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi. I can't wait to spend time out there stitching, especially as my new Awing is being installed next week. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Love your PS Santas, Sue! I've stitched the one with the pear tree and he's one of my favorites. Still have to stitch that other one (along with MANY more!). Oh, that 50th wedding anniversary piece will be so special. I remember stitching one for my parents back in 2003--in fact it's that piece that got me back into stitching after a ten year lapse :) Your flowers and garden look lovely--this time of year is so pretty with all the green exploding in lawns and trees! Enjoy your week ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I think I'm hooked on stitching the PS Santa's! Thanks for your comments about my garden. It's only small but I do love being out there. My new awning is being put up next week and I can't wait, I just hope the weather plays the game and I can get lots of stitching time out there. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete