10 Apr 2024

‘Palace of the Winds’ – Final Tuesday!

 I’m doing a happy dance today, and the reason, last night (Tuesday) I finished my 2nd oldest wip.

 ‘Palace of the Winds’  was started on January 14th last year and I picked it up and stitched on it for a total of 51 days in all.


Thanks  Jan Hicks Creates  for such a beautiful pattern. 

loved stitching it, although I’ll be honest and admit that I had several visits from the frogs,  because apparently I’m naff at counting, Lol!

This was an intricate pattern, so I thought I would give Pattern Keeper a go for the first time and got great satisfaction watching the number of stitches count down from 24,908 as I marked them off.

The closer it was getting to 0, the more I wanted to stitch on it.

I finished up having 2 stitches left to complete according to the app, but I just couldn’t see where they were, so I asked for some help in the ‘Pattern Keeper’ Facebook group to see if there was an easy way to find them.   

Several lovely ladies offered advice and in the end I was able to spot them, put in the final 2 stitches, and it was showing 100% stitched, so a big thank you to everyone who answered to my cry for help.

The next stop is to get it to Frames of London and find the perfect frame.

Palace of the Winds

Designer - Jan Hicks Designs  

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden  Threads  (Foxgloves, Cocoon & Bluebell)

 

Happy Crafting!

Sue

X

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sue, on your big, beautiful finish! Those colors are just wonderful together--what a happy piece! Looking forward to seeing it framed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really take the credit for the colours Carol, the shading was down to the beautiful Cottage Garden Threads, but thank you anyway. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

      Delete