5 Mar 2024

‘With Love’ – Modern Folk Embroidery

 When Jacob from Modern Folk Embroidery released this chart I knew exactly how I wanted to stitch it.

This May would have been my mum and dad’s 78th wedding anniversary and this was the perfect design to celebrate that fact.

As mentioned in a previous post, it was also a great opportunity to use up some of the left over Roxy Floss Co threads from previous Holiday Countdowns, so I chose two lovely Purples from last year’s box and a Green from the 2022 box.

My favourite colour combination!


After just 17 day from start to finish, I have completed it.
I also had the foresight to order my frame from Picture Frames Express whilst I was still stitching it, so I was able to get it fully finished as soon as I was done.

Thank you to Caroline at Evertote for putting together this great Sal with Kerry and Jacob.

Yet another fabulous collaboration!!

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

With Love – A SALentine’s Celebration

(Collaboration with Evertote, Roxy Floss Co & MFE)

 

Designer -  Jacob deGraaf - Modern Folk Embroidery

Fabric – 36ct Dunes at Dusk – LFA Linens

Threads – Roxy Floss Co

8 comments:

  1. Sue, this is so pretty...what a nice memento to your parents. It looks great in that frame....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi. I was so pleased with the frame, it's just a shame I didn't get the stitching very straight though! Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous finish, Sue! Perfect frame for your sampler! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robin and thanks for stopping by. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful--and very special--sampler, Sue! The colors you chose are so lovely together and the frame complements it perfectly. Love the old photo of your parents as well. Hope you are having a relaxing weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol, I was really pleased with the frame. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  4. What a very pretty colour combination for that lovely design. Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay, it's my favourite colour combination! Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete