7 Oct 2022

Joyful World Sal – Frame

My plan is to have the twelve panels of the Sal be interchangeable and have a stitched frame for each of the four seasons, so today I made a start on FFO’ing the autumn frame.

I found an 8” x 10” frame that fitted the stitched frame perfectly, so I covered some mount-board with batting and put a magnet in the centre, on the front before lacing the stitched frame over the top.

I then went on to FFO the October panel, again stretching it over mount-board and batting before gluing some ‘Lady Dot Creates, small pomp pom trim around the edge and covering the back with some sticky backed velvet.

 The final step was to glue a metal washer to the back 

and mounting it onto the frame.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

 

Chart – Joyful World – October & Frame

Designer – The Snowflower Diaries – Maja Matyas

Fabric – 32ct Murano Evenweave – Beige

Threads – DMC (called for & some Anchor substitutes)

 

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

1 comment: