3 Oct 2022

Butterfly Lace Mandala and a spot of knitting!

 It was time for another Chatelaine Weekend, which I joined in with, but I didn’t get as much stitching in as I had hoped.  

But having said that, I wasn’t disappointed with my progress, because every stitch brings my Chatelaine nearer to completion.

I’m almost half way now!

When I left it last time, I had just added another of the one over one butterflies,

and this weekend just passed I moved over the right-hand side and started to bring up the border a bit and added to the lace.


Now, I hear you ask, what was the reason I didn’t stitch as much as I had hoped?

Well, I got engrossed in knitting my first pair of shorty socks!

The pattern was a download from EarthTones Girl, Denise,  on Instagram and Ravelry.  She also has  some fantastic 'No Fear Sock Knitting' tutorials on You tube , that are all free and so helpful.

They say you’re never too old to learn something new, and I managed to do my first long tail cast on, despite the fact I’ve knitted for more years than I care to remember!

 So far I’ve knitted the cuff and leg, knitted and turned the heel flap and worked the gusset,  and now I've ready to knit down the foot.

The wool I chose is West Yorkshire Spinners, Signature 4 ply in the colour way 'Wood Pigeon' and I’m working on two 2.50mm circular needles.  With hindsight, I think I could have got slightly shorter ones but better too long that too short! 

Happy Stitching!

and

Knitting!

Sue

x

1 comment: