9 Aug 2022

Chatelaine Weekender – Butterfly Lace Mandala

This was my birthday start at the beginning of September last year, and back then I'd hoped to be putting in the last stitch on my birthday this year. (optimistic or what, Lol)    

Clearly, that’s not going to happen and I’ve not actually put a single stitch in it for at least ten weeks, so I decided I would join in with the ‘Chatelaine Weekender’ again to try and make some progress.

Here is where I left it last time.

My plan for the weekend was to finish the lower band, that is made up of Algerian Eyes, Rhodes Stitches and Diamond Eyelets (which as I’m typing this I realise I have done it wrong and my eyelets don't have eyes) Oh well, The frog will be visiting!

I then continued with the border below the band, adding the Blackwork butterflies and flowers.

Next I went back to the lace on the right-hand side and finished off a few of the leaves and swirls that I had left before.

I  had purposely left them because I couldn’t face stitching with the EdMar Rayon thread…….to say it’s a pig to stitch with is an understatement,  as I’m sure that anyone who has used it can testify to and shared my pain!

It’s such a pretty, shiny thread which adds to the overall ‘sparkle’ of the finished Chatelaine, but when you split the thread to stitch with it’s very kinky and tries to split again, making it difficult to handle.  I persevered though and when I had finished on the Right I made a start on the Left-hand side too.

All in all, I was pleased with my progress over the weekend and plan to pull her out every weekend from now on.

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit....here comes that frog.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous piece, Sue! Those butterflies are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 12 of them in all and it's my first time stitching 1 over 1. Slow and steady I think!!

    ReplyDelete