30 May 2022

Cross Stitch Camp 2022 is almost here!

 Yes, just 1 more day and we all make our way to Cross Stitch Camp for the second annual ‘virtual’ get together.

As last year, there will be a new challenge for each of the three months:-

 June – stitch something celebrating a holiday.


July – Stitch something which will be eventually be FFO’d into something other than a frame.


August – Stitch something new to you.    We did this one last year too and the aim is to try something different.  A new designer, a fabric count you’ve not stitched on before, a new fabric dyer, even your first over one stitching, and the list goes on!


In preparation for camp, Sheri, the Colorado Cross Stitcher (our camp leader) designed on new camp badge which I just managed to finish in the nick of time and get it attached to my camp project bag. 

The design reminded me of the caravanning holidays I had as a child in North Devon and growing up in the 60’s.

My ‘Flower Power’ caravan was inspired my Mary Quant and the  colours are a  nod to two duster coats my mum brought for me back then.


My June project is going to be another of the Mill Hill’ Jim Shore’ Snowmen and will be a gift for one of my Goddaughters two little girls.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

No comments:

Post a Comment