1 Aug 2021

A Busy Month

 I’ve actually managed to stitch every day during July, something I’ve not managed to do in quite some time and have worked on four projects and have four finishes on three of those projects (all will be explained!).

First up was Blackbird Designs’ It’s Spring Fever’ , which I shared earlier in the month and was my July ‘Cross Stitch Camp’ project

No FFO for this in the near future because it will be kept until I’ve stitched the other eight in the series and then finish them into a book.

Next I started and finished my  ’Jolly July – Christmas in July’ project which was  ‘He’s Making A List’.  

It’s a companion piece to ‘Sleigh Bells Ring’, which I stitched in January and both will be finished in 12” hoops and given to my Goddaughters two girls at Christmas.

Another two finishes and an ongoing project were ‘Sewn in Frindship’, ‘A Token For My Friend’ from Heartstrung Samplery. 

 I will be celebrating my 65th birthday next months and am having a little get together with my cousin and 3 friends of more than 57 years, here at home.  

They don’t know, but I plan to commemorate our friendship by  making them each one of these little pillows, as well as making one for myself incorporating the companion piece, ‘From my Heart to your Hand.  That's a total of 6 pillows and I need to have at least 4 of them finished before the second week of September - mine can be finished at any time, although it would be lovely to have them all done.

And finally this month I caught up with my Temperature Tree….as if I needed reminding that our Summer here in the UK has been rubbish so far, give or take a few days.

 


Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

It’s Spring Fever – Blackbird Designs

Designer – Barb Adams

Fabric –  36ct Wheat Linen from Fibres on a Whim.

Floss – Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton (Called For)

 

He’s Making A List – Cross Stitcher Magazine – Dec 2019

Designer – Maria Diaz

Fabric – 14ct White Zweigarte Aida (Called For)

Floss – Anchor Standard Threads (Conversion)

 

Temperture Tree – Stitchin Mommy, Etsy

Designer – Sarah Hughes

Fabric – 32ct White Murano Evenweave

Floss – DMC Mouline, (Called For)  Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton(Conversion - Tree Trunk)

 

A Token For My Friend – Heartstring Samplery

Designer – Beth Twist

Fabric – 36ch Confederate Gray (Called For)

Floss – Weeks Dye Works overdyed cotton(Called For)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment