12 Jun 2021

June Finish for Cross Stitch Camp

  Blue Bird  is FFO’d, Yah!

 When I was looking for a 6” x 8” frame, I came across a bargain Ivory one in ‘The Range’ for just £3.49.  It had ornate corners, which looked perfect with the design but unfortunately the Ivory really didn’t look that great with the White fabric.

After a bit of thought, I remembered that I had a pot of Sage chalk paint and the colour actually almost matched one of the threads in the piece, so I decided to give it a coat and see how it looked.

Once dry, I gave it a light sanding to distress it, added an organza bow and a ‘year’ charm and I was much happier with the finish.

Don’t you just love the little bugs around the border!

Chart –Blue Bird -  Yuliya Do on Etsy

Fabric – White -  32 count Murano Evenweave

Threads - Anchor Standard threads.

 

Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic! Your frame goes perfectly with your embroidery!
    I am curious to see what comes next. Your summer camp sounds like great fun!

    (I hope I was finally able to solve the problem with the comment function that I had recently and this comment will show up)

    ReplyDelete