28 Mar 2021

British Summertime …..which translates to one less hour to stitch!

 Hi all, yes, summertime has officially started with the clocks going back an hour, but you wouldn’t believe it judging by the weather today. 

It’s dull and dreary and a little breezy……..do I need a better excuse to stay in and stitch?

I’ve been working on a few projects since we last spoke and have one finish to share with you.

I have just finished my 2nd panel for the ‘The Joyful World’ Sal from The Snowflower Dairies. 

I’ve been trying for the last four days to get a decent photo that shows the true colour of the Honeydew Green Belfast Linen it’s stitched 

on but have now given up and found a stock photo to show the shade,

Don’t you just love that cute little rabbit and squirrel!

You’ll notice there's a small split in the fabric. It was there when I unpacked it, which is unusual for zweigart, but it’s not a problem as I plan to flat finish the panels, which was lucky.


The second stitch I worked on this month was ‘Gratitude’ from Cottage Garden Samplings, The Songbird’s Garden Series. 

#abibellastitch on Instagram was hosting  #stitchasia for the month of March and this project was perfect to stitch on because it was designed by Vinniey P S Tann. 

I didn’t get as much done on that one as I hoped because I got obsessed with my ‘Unfinished Sampler’.


As I mentioned last time, Michelle from #mommalovesyougbmichelle  on flosstube and Instagram,  had purchased un unfinished sampler and charted it.  She then gave us the challenge of finishing it.

I had the idea of celebrating my dad’s childhood and the summers he spent Hopping in Kent.

Well, to say it was a challenge is an understatement!

How those young girls, back in the 1800’s worked all those beautiful vintage samplers without the aid of strong magnifiers, lights and charting software is just beyond me.  I can’t tell you the admiration I have for every single one them.

Anyway, here’s what I came up with.

I just have a little bit to finish on the border top and bottom and then ‘Maude’ (as Michelle named the first unfinished sampler) will be finished and ready for the frame, which I ordered today.

I must admit I’m feeling a little bit pleased with myself that this is ‘my sampler’, totally unique and it’s in celebration of a very special person, my dad. William Hyde. 

This is stitched on 32ct Vintage Country Mocha Belfast Linen., using Weeks Dye Works and DMC threads.



My dad, aged a 7 in the hop bines with his aunt and 3 cousins ( 1929)

Until next time, have a Happy time Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 







No comments:

Post a Comment