1 May 2019

Another Quilting Technique Under My Belt……….sort of!

My six Teddy cross stitch panels are now finished and I’ve made four of them into a small incubator quilt.
I’m still quite a novice at quilting and am slowly getting to grips with all the different ways you can put the quilts together, so looking for some ideas I hit  ‘You Tube’  and found that you can quilt as you go.

Although I’m doing small quilts, I thought this would be great, as with only a home sewing machine I wouldn’t have to tussle with the bulk of the quilt going under the machine……..got to be easier, right!

What I hadn’t realized was that there are many different ways to Quilt As You Go. 

Some cut and quilt just the top blocks and batting and add the backing in one piece. 

Some cut and quilt the blocks, batting and backing all the same size and join the finished quilted blocks with sashing.

And then there’s the method that I used, cutting the blocks and batting the same size and the backing 2 inches larger and this extra fabric becomes the sashing when you join the squares together.
Although I only used four Teddies for the quilt, here's a closer look at all six that I stitched.
 Inbetween working on the little quilt I’ve been busy cross stitching most evenings, working on the second part of  The Song Bird’s Garden, ‘Merry & Bright’.
Not too much more to do!
Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X


Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment