21 Feb 2019

Princess Blankets

Finally,  I have finished my first two projects of the year and they are now with their new owners.

Around about the middle of last year I came across the pattern for a crocheted princess blanket on a great resource for knitting and crochet patterns, Ravelry . Com  and immediately knew two little munchkins ( my Goddaughters two girls) who would just love to snuggle under them.

I purchased Carol Hladik’s Pattern from the site and started work on them but after having a couple goes I gave up.  I was getting confused, trying to convert the US crochet terms into UK ones, and struggled to find a suitable thickness of wool.

In the end, I decided to do my own thing, using double knit yarn and only using the pattern for inspiration.
This is how they finished up.
The Blue blanket is based on Cinderella and the Yellow one on Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
I made mine on a full yoke and added sleeves, so they can slip over their heads, keeping their arms and shoulders warm when snuggled under their blankets.
Another difference is my embellishments around the skirt were made separately and attached to the blanket.
And finally, who ever heard of a princess without a crown.
I adorned these two with little pearls.

Happy Crafting!
(Whatever you passion may be)
Sue
X

Please feel free to leave a comment if you stop by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment