7 Jan 2012

A very special project for a very special friend

March 2008

You may have noticed recently that I’ve been working a quite a few charity projects recently and it’s such a fun and worthwhile thing to do but after having a chat with Nicki we decided it was time to work on something for someone we knew for a change.

It didn’t take us long to decide what to stitch and who to stitch for, helped along by some beautiful Japanese inspired flower charts I had seen in one of my cross stitch charts.
They were stitched in wonderful shades of Lavender and Pink and I knew as soon as I saw them that our dear friend Sharon would love them.

Now I know that Sharon occasionally reads my blog, although I’m not sure if she reads this one, but I hope she won’t mind if I explain the reasons Nicki and I decided that we wanted to make her something very special.

Sharon suffers from ME and that means the she needs lots of rest and often needs to take naps during the day.  She also has to cope with the added pressure of having a teenage son with special needs and it all takes its toll so Nicki and I thought that having a quilt to snuggle up under would give her some comfort and remind her that she has some friend out there who are thinking about her and wishing her well

I stitched all nine of the flowers and when they were finished, across they
went to Switzerland where Nicki did all the machining.













2 comments:

  1. Stunning flowers ...love the completed quilt ... should drop by here more often. xx

    ReplyDelete