15 Feb 2024

‘Palace of the Winds’ Wednesdays

Deciding to stitch on Palace of the Winds by Jan Hicks every Wednesday has worked out really well for me so far and I’m getting so much done.

The last time I posted about it was just over two weeks ago, when I was here

Three more days of stitching and I’m now passed the half way mark, at 51.43%, having stitched 12810 stitches.

Just 12098 stitches to go then!

I also cast on a new pair of socks, although I’m not totally happy with the yarn I’m using.

The pattern is ‘Seeing Stripes’ pattern from West Yorkshire Spinners, but I’m not convinced that this Rico, Supeba fair isle 4 ply is actually a self-striping sock yarn.

It reminds me of the fake Fair Isle cones of yarn I used to use on my knitting machine, where the changes in colour looked like multi coloured Fair Isle using just that and a main colour.

Oh well, Ill just keep going and we shall see how they turn out!

 

Happy Crafting!

Sue

X

 Palace of the Winds

Designer - Jan Hicks Designs

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden  Threads


Knitting Pattern - ‘Seeing Stripes’ from West Yorkshire Spinners.

Yarn - Rico, Supeba fair isle 4 ply (75% wool - 25% polyamide}

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a whole lotta stitchin' going on!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Jan's designs and the Cottage Garden Threads really are a jot to stitch with. I've pre ordered another of her lacey looking charts, Arabesque, which I think will look good beside this one. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete