11 Feb 2024

A Gathering of Quaker Samplers - Part 1 – The Ackworth Collection from The Cross Stitch Guild

As we all know, February means a month at the ‘Winter Cross Stitch Camp’, with Sherri, Colorado Cross Stitcher.

Our brief this year was to stitch something that contained an animal in the chart.  That includes birds, so I decided this would be a good time to make a start on a kit from the Cross Stitch Guild that I’ve had sitting around for a year or more. 

My project for camp is just a small part of a much bigger project that ends up as a little book 0f 14 Quaker Samplers.

I chose to stitch the Swan as my first page.


My Quaker Sampler Book Kit

Designer – The Cross Stitch Guild / Ackworth Collection

Fabric – 32ct Belfast Linen – Raw

Threads – 6 stranded cotton

Silk Lining fabric


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

4 comments:

  1. Great choice for your camp piece, Sue! Was this booklet only offered to your guild or is it available to the general public?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I'm not actually a member of the Guild. But Jane Greenoff has the Cross Stitch Guild web site were all the kits and charts are available.

      https://www.thecrossstitchguild.com/

      Delete
  2. I love this project, Sue!!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stasi. I've never done much in the way of 'Quaker' stitching, so it's a journey into the unknown but I know that lots of stitchers enjoy working on motifs rather that an overall picture, which is what most of mine tend to be. Happy Stitching! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete