17 Feb 2024

Everyone Love A Stitch-A Long!

After the success of yet another Holiday Countdown, Caroline at Evertote, Kerri from Roxy Floss Co, and Jacob from Modern Folk Embrodery got together and came up with another great Stitch-a-long, ‘With Love,  A SALentine’s Celebration’.

Once again, there were kits to be had, but I decided that on this occasion I would just order the PFD and use some of the Roxy Floss Co threads that were left over from the last two Holiday Countdowns.

When it came to colours I had a pallet in mind, a combination I have loved all my life really.

I used two thread colours from the 2023 Countdown, Royalty Free & Birthstone, and Can’t Kelp It, from the 2022 flosses.

We are aiming to work 250 stitches a day more or less, and here I am two days in.


I’ve also started working on my second monthly Christmas Ornament for the 12 in 24 Ornament Stitch-a-Long , hosted by the lovely Carol from Stitching Dream Blogspot

I hope she doesn’t mind me sharing this wonderful photo.


All I can do is dream of having a beautiful tree like hers someday, but for now, it’s one cross at a time! 

This month I’ve gone back to the 2017 Christmas Ornament Special from Just Cross Stitch again and stitching my second of the  ‘Classic Christmas Ornament Trio’ by Sharon Pope.

I have started the Santa and am stitching from stash, using some of the called for DMC threads if I had them and some DMC and Anchor substitutes. The fabric is a scrap of 16ct Aida that I tea/coffee dyed.

This was the first one that I stitched last year, so just the Christmas Tree to go after this.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x


With Love – A SALentine’s Celebration

(Collaboration with Evertote, Roxy Floss Co & MFE)

Designer -  Jacob de Graaf - Modern Folk Embroidery

Fabric – 36ct Dunes at Dusk – LFA Linens

Threads – Roxy Floss Co

 


 

6 comments:

  1. Your SALentine piece is off to a beautiful start, Sue. Love the colors you picked! Your choice for ornament is darling and you have made good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that Jacob, Kerri and Caroline have a great synergy when it comes to their collaborations, they seem to knock it out the park every time. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. I am not a "purple" person, but have to say, this is a lovely combination of colors. I just finished my February and March ornaments...trying to get a bit ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are ahead of the game Stasi!! I love how well Jacob's designs lend themselves to so many colour combinations and love seeing how others choices. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. What a pretty SAL you are doing, Sue! Love the designs by Modern Folk Embroidery and really need to pick one and just stitch it. Your color choices are stunning! I'm so glad my tree inspires you :) It is a labor of love, for sure! I began stitching ornaments in 2009--hard to believe I'm still at it each month, but it is truly wonderful to have so much company via the #12in24ornamentstitchalong on IG. Love your newest ornament start--that is such a cute trio. Enjoy your day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely cant go wrong with Jacobs charts but I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to stitch one of his larger designs. May be after my Chatelaine is finished! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete