22 Jan 2024

Rainbow Daisy Blanket and Hat Set

It’s been fun getting back to a bit of crocheting and the fact that I was using chunky yarn meant that the project grew quickly and was finished with just 6 days of work. 

Because I had enough yarn left, I made three little hats, so as baby grows she will still have one that fits, for a while at least.

I also got it some stitching during the past week.

I added a few strands of floss on ‘ Palace of the Winds’ Wednesday.

This is where I left it



And this is where it is now.

Not a lot of progress I know, but every little helps, right!

Thursday and Friday I work on one of my NYE 12 x 12 starts ‘Hello Winter’ from Plum Street.

And then I joined in with the Chatelaine Weekender but only stitched on Butterfly Lace on Sunday.

This is where she was when I left her last Sunday,

And this is her now.

Again it doesn’t look like a lot of progress but I finished one of the 1 over 1 small butterflys and made a little start on the next big one.



It’s turned a little warmer here in the UK today, but instead of the freezing cold , we high winds and rain, so what better excuse to stay in and stitch.

Have a great week and ………..

  

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

Rainbow Daisies Blanket & Hat

Designer - Kerry Jayne Designs

Yarn - James C Brett Flutterby Chunky  &  Stylecraft Special DK

Purchased from – The Wool Warehouse


Palace of the Winds

Designer - Jan Hicks Designs

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden  Threads


Hello Winter

Designer – Plum Street Samplers – Paulette Stewart

Fabric – 36ct Edinburgh Linen – X JuDesigns – Grey Sand

Threads – Called for Weeks Dye Works & DMC (sub Driftwood for DMC 3790)


Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads


  


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful assortment of projects you worked on, Sue! The blanket and hats are precious. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby blanket is the sweetest.....great idea about the hats! Every little bit counts with your stitching. It's been very cold here but warming up this weekend, though rain is forecast. Have a great week, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your crocheted blanket and hat set, Sue! How clever to make the hats in three different sizes, too. Beautiful progress on your various WIPs--that butterfly piece is truly stunning. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete