29 Jan 2024

12 in 24 – Ornament 1 - Christmas Love - The Little Stitcher

Despite being fairly busy, I still managed a good bit of stitching this week, working on two wips, two new starts, two finishes and an FFO.

The first thing I worked on was one of the new starts.

Last year I joined in with 12 in 2023, hosted by Carol of Stitching Dream Blogspot.  
The aim was to stitch one Christmas ornament each month and it was so much fun that I decided to join in again with 12 in 2024.
This is ‘Christmas Love’ by The Little Stitcher and it was from
 the 2022 Christmas Ornament Just Cross Stitch magazine.

It was such a sweet stitch, I couldn’t put it down, so  I finished it

and FFo’d it on Saturday.

1 down, 11 to go!

The next new start was tiny but a new start none-the-less.  It was my badge for the Winter Cross Stitch Camp 2024, designed by Sheri, the Colorado Cross Stitcher. 


 
I stitched it on a scrap on mystery 36ct fabric and various thread from my stash and all I have to do now is attach it to my project bag and then decide what project I’m going to stitch for camp next month.

Two of my wips got some progress too, first was my usual Wednesday stitch, Palace of the Winds by  Jan Hicks Creates
This is where I finished last Wednesday

And this is where I am now after more stitching on the Left –hand side.  I’m just under 50% done according to Pattern Keeper.

And finally Hello Winter from Plum Street.  I was hoping that this was going to be a finish after stitching on it this week, but 

I still have  one little sprig of berries and the ‘hello’ left to do, so I didn’t quite get there.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

Hello Winter

Designer – Plum Street Samplers – Paulette Stewart

Fabric – 36ct Edinburgh Linen – X JuDesigns – Grey Sand

Threads – Called for Weeks Dye Works & DMC (sub Driftwood for DMC 642)

Palace of the Winds

Designer - Jan Hicks Designs

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden  Threads 

 

5 comments:

  1. Love the ornament you stitched and finished, Sue! Well done! Your WIPs are looking good. Not much more to do on the Hello Winter piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I think I'm loving the round finishes, so I think you can expect to see more in the coming months! Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. You had a great week of stitching!!! Love your ornament finish...very cute. I've got my badge stitched too and anxiously awaiting my start on the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how it is Stasi, we are lost without a bit of stitching in our hands, lol. Looking forward to seeing you at camp and getting a peek at what you will working on. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet ornament, Sue. I do have a soft spot for round or oval ornament finishes :) I hope you have great fun at winter stitch camp this year! ♥

    ReplyDelete