15 Jan 2024

Butterfly Lace Mandala - Chatelaine

 I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t put a single stitch in this since 8th January last year and as my oldest Wip, it need to be finished.

For that reason I’ve decided to join  in with the Chatelaine Support groups  ‘Chatelaine Weekender’ on Facebook again, in an effort to have some progress.

So, this past weekend and every weekend from now on, assuming I’m free, I’ll be stitching on it every evening from Friday to Sunday.

I worked on the left hand side and finished another of the I over 1 butterflies, all be it one of the smaller ones.

I then worked on the background and added some of the Rhodes and Algerian Eye stitches to the border.

Whenever I've had some time spare in the afternoons, I’ve been picking up my crochet and putting a few rows into the Rainbow Daisy blanket.



 Happy Stitching and Crocheting!

Sue

X

Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads

 

Rainbow Daisies Blanket & Hat

Designer - Kerry Jayne Designs

Yarn - James C Brett Flutterby Chunky  &  Stylecraft Special DK

Purchased from – The Wool Warehouse


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that baby blanket is precious!!! Your Chatelaine piece is so pretty too. Good idea to join the SAL for continued motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I was finding the Chatelaine intimidating to pick up after so long, but now I've started on it again I found I didn't want to stop on Sunday. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete