7 Dec 2023

12 Ornaments for 2023

Back in January I decided to join in with the yearlong challenge of stitching one ornament each month and end up with 12 at the end of the year.

I had Novembers to FFo, which was ‘Winter Woodland’ by Patricia Ann Designs.  It’s stitched 1 over 2 on 36ct Sky Linen from Nicholas Flamel Designs, using Weeks Dye Works  threads.

Then I went on to stitch ‘Jingle All The Way’ for December.

This was a chart from Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery and it was in the 2022 Christmas Ornament Book that was only available at the ‘Jingle Ball’

I stitched mine 1 over 2, on 36ct custom dyed Linen from Nicholas Flamel Designs, using Weeks Dye Works  threads.

 

All 12 ornaments are now displayed in my sewing room.

Talking of the ‘Jingle Ball’, I virtually attended for the first time this year. 

I didn’t have a lot of time over the weekend to join in with the  goings on at the stitching tables, in fact most were empty when I did have time to look in.  I did still have fun watching the pre-recorded entertainment though, especially Teresa Kogut and her other half getting slowly tipsy, mixing (and drinking) Christmas cocktails.  

I also managed to do some shopping and got my mitts on a chart from Jeanette Douglass I had my eye on,


as well as this years Christmas Bauble Book

And for this year only, the book from last year was also available, so I nabbed that too.
There were also a few other charts on my wish list, including the European Christmas Box from  Jeanette Douglas,
but they weren't exclusive to the jingle ball and I prefer paper charts to PDF's, so I decided to wait to get them. 
All in all it was a fun experience, so It’s already on my calendar for next year!

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

4 comments:

  1. Glad to made it to the Jingle Ball. My friends and I had hoped to be able to watch it through my one friends TV, but were unsuccessful figuring that out. It was too crazy all trying to be on our individual devices, so we gave up. I did manage to download the freebies, and buy two charts, but that's about it. So, we did our own version of the Jingle Ball instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Yes, everyone was so generous with the freebies. There were so many of them and I managed to download a few of them too. Your Jingle Ball sounded like a fun event too. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing all twelve ornaments, Sue! They are all so lovely and the way you have them displayed is so cute! I think I may have to stitch your November ornament for my own tree next year :) Glad you had fun at the Jingle Ball--I'm not sure I could even figure out how to join in--ha ha! It's nice that there were so many freebies--looking forward to seeing what you choose to stitch up!

    ReplyDelete