2 Dec 2023

0 Tannenbaum! – Brenda Gervais

 To say I love this stitch is a bit of an understatement because I’m finding it hard to put down.  Everything about it is just perfect!

I brought it already kitted, so it came with all the called for threads, but with Picture this Plus Heartland instead of the called for Legacy linen. I'm guessing that Legacy must be hard to come by hence the change,  but I’ve not used either before so can't compare the two.  What I do know is that I'll definitely be using Heartland again because it’s so pretty.

Anyway, last night I finished the first part of the project

and made a small start on the second.

During the afternoon I also managed to finish an embroidery kit that I had started.  There’s a bit of a story to this.

It’s a kit from Paraffle, a company that I have never heard of,  and it  was given to a friend of a friend as a gift, but she doesn't stitch.  My friend doesn't stitch either, so it was passed on to me to complete. 

  I thought it would be nice to stitch it and give it back to her finished, seeing as it was originally intended for her, so I made a start, but if I’m honest, I didn’t enjoy stitching it.   

The design is printed on to sticky backed fabric that you stitch through and when it’s finished, you wet it and it dissolves away. 

My problem was that my needle kept getting gummed up and it was so frustrating.    It’s far easier to stitch when the design had been transferred directly onto the fabric, so I don’t think I’ll be doing another one in a hurry.

Anyway, I persevered and got it finished and FFo’d.


As you know, last night I opened and stitched the first part of the holiday countdown and here’s what was in the first envelope.


We had the first part of the chart, which I can’t show you, a beautiful piece of 36ct Turtle Dove Linen, ‘Yule Be Pine’ floss, a floss ring, needle minder and a beautiful tree ornament.

And here’s my first evening of stitching.

See you for day two tomorrow.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

 Christmas Countdown 2023 with 

Evertote,Roxy Floss Co, & Modern Folk Embrodery


 Fabric – 36ct Turtle Dove – Roxy Floss Co

Threads – Roxy Floss Co

Chart – Modern Folk Embroidery

 

***********

 Chart – 0 Tannenbaum! – Brenda Gervais

Fabric – 36ct Heartland – Picture This Plus

Threads – Called for – Weeks Dye Works, Classic Colorworks and Gentle Arts Sampler Threads

4 comments:

  1. How festive everything you are stitching looks, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a good start on O Tannenbaum. The deer is wonderful.....love how you finished it! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi, I had hoped to get it finished so I can display it this year, but alas I don't think that's going to happen. xxx

      Delete