23 Nov 2023

Winter Woodland - Patricia Ann Designs

 As you will know from my last post, I was going away for a short break last weekend and I had already made a small start on my November ornament for 12 in 23.   

I managed to finish it on Thursday afternoon, before going away on Friday.

Winter Woodland was a chart from the latest special Christmas Ornament edition of Just Cross Stitch magazine.

Because I had already decided to take a pair of socks to start and my October Mill Hill Ornament to stitch on while I was going to be away  and they were already in my bag, I  decided to have another new start on Thursday evening.

I’ve had ‘Oh Tannenbaum!’  from Jeanette Douglas kitted for some time and I made a small start  on the sheep pulling the sleigh.


So now onto my trip.

The main reason for my short break to Bournemouth, down on the south coast of Dorset,  was to visit my 93 year old Aunt and some of my cousins.  I’ve not seen any of them for at least 6 years, so we had lots to catch up on! 

My cousin and I had booked  a lovely hotel for three nights, with a sea view and we were looking forward to a walk along the beach and the smell of that salty sea air.

We made the most of it but sadly, as you can see, the weather

wasn’t kind to us, with a severe weather warning in place for Saturday and Sunday for high winds and rain.   

Typically, we were coming home on Monday, the weather changed and the sun came out.


We did manage a rather large Sunday roast dinner and a few G & T's though!


Stitching wise, I took my Mill Hill Santa ornament with me to stitch on the train and made some good progress on him.

And I also took some knitting and started another pair of socks.

I wanted a pair in Christmas colours and this yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners was perfect.   It’s their Signature 4 ply called ‘Holly’.

When ordering the yarn I went a bit OTT and also ordered three more balls.

‘Fairy Lights’ which is sparkly and  ‘Robbin’, both also West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 ply  and ‘Partie’,  which is Superba fairisle 4 ply, so I think I will have toasty feet this winter!


I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my friends from across the pond a very special Thanksgiving.  I hope you have a wonderful day spending time with your family and friends.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, truly a great example of "what a difference a day makes"! Sorry the weather didn't copperate but it sounds like you managed to make "lemonade out of lemons". I apologize for all my old adages!!! LOL
    The stitching/knitting you got accomplished looks great and I love the peace and simplicity of the Patricia Ann design. I actually got to meet her when she came to visit the shop where I worked in Cincinnati, OH. She is a lovely lady!
    Enjoy your weekend, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky to have meet so many designers, Stasi, it much be such a thrill!
      Our weekend was so long in the planning and over in a flash, but we plan to visit again soon and hopefully the weather will be a little kinder next time.
      Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. Your deer finish is darling, Sue. Even with the storm, it looked and sounded like you had a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that little ornament is my favourite to date and it was so quick and easy ti stitch. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Oops, I forgot to say I love the yarns and awesome start on the socks!

    ReplyDelete