15 Nov 2023

Mighty Acorn - Framed

The frame is a custom made one from Picture Frames Express and I know the stitching  doesn’t look straight in the photo, but I promise it is, it’s the angle it's leaning at making it look like that.

With that done and dusted, I have made a start on my November ornament for the 12 in 23 Sal.

This is Winter Woodland from Patricia Ann Designs and it’s from the 2023 Special Ornament edition of Just Cross Stitch.

I’ve done my own floss conversion from my stash.

I will be my 11th of 12  for the Sal and it’s also my 3rd start  of the #celebrate50startalong  with @pennysdaughtershares

I know that I’ve not finished my October ornament yet, but I’ve been saving that to stitch on a longish train journey that I’ll be doing this weekend coming. I can’t stitch without magnification but the perforated paper is fine.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

Chart – Winter Woodland

Designer – Patricia Ann Designs

Fabric – 36ct Sky Linen from Nicholas Flamel Designs

Stitched – 1 floss thread over 2 linen threads.

Threads –

Weeks Dye Works – Sandcastle, Kudzu, Mocha & Whitewash  

Classic Colorworks – Weeping Willow

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful frame for Mighty Acorn, Sue! Your ornament start looks great. Love the deer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I was a bit worried the frame was too bright, but I happy with how it looked in the end. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. The Mighty Acorn is wonderful....very pretty frame. I love the tiny deer on the ornament.....very peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy trying to pick out a frame on line and I was a bit worried, but in the end I was happy with the way it looked. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous framed finish, Sue! I just love it and I also love the ornament you are working on. I had also picked that out of the 2023 ornament issue as one I'd like to stitch at some point :) Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete