13 Nov 2023

Mighty Acorn - Blackbird Designs

 Over the weekend I had a ‘big’ autumn finish, well big in that it’s my largest autumn stitch this year.

I’ve loved every stitch of Mighty Acorn and am sad in a way that it’s finished, but there are so many beautiful designs in the ‘Winds of Autumn’ book, that it won’t be too long before I have another project on the go.

I was also lucky enough to visit a Christmas Craft Fayre this past week.

It was at the beautiful Cressing Temple Barns, here in Essex.

The historic barns date back to the 13th century and were built by the Knights Templar.  Apparently they are amongst the oldest and largest wooden structures of their kind in Europe.

There is also a recreated Tudor pleasure garden.  The original garden was build c1500 – 1600 during the reign of Elizabeth 1






 Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

 

*************

Chart – Mighty Acorn

Designer –Blackbird Designs – Winds of Autumn Book

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Wren – Picture This Plus

Floss – Hand Overdyed Cotton – Weeks Dye Works

Stitched  - 1 floss threads over 2 linen threads

4 comments:

  1. sue, this piece is beautiful...love everything about it! The craft faire setting is very interesting; love all the history involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi, I enjoyed every stitch! The Barns were beautiful. It's the first time I've been there and I'd love to go back when there are no events, so I can see them in their full glory, may be in the summer when the gardens are at their best! Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. Mighty Oak is a beauty, Sue. Well done on your finish! It looked like you had a wonderful outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I'm having doubts about the frame I've purchased, so will have to see when I get around to fully finishing it. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete