3 Nov 2023

Vanilla Socks

 

This week has been mostly about finishing my socks and just the tiniest amount of stitching.

First off, I wanted to complete my 2nd pair Vanilla socks, pattern from Kay Litton on Raverly.  I only the feet and toes left to knit, so I knew they wouldn’t take too long finish.

They were knitted 2 at a time on a 2.50mm circular needle, using West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 ply in the colourway Wildflower.

I’m so happy with the way they came out and I’ve definitely caught the bug for sock knitting because I’m already looking for more yarn.  I want to do a pair in Christmas colours next I think!

Then it was on to trying a bit of stitching but as I’m still resting my  hand as much as possible and only managed a little new start.


 This is  ‘Smell My Feet’ from La-D-Da and it’s a free chart on her site.

For this, I’ve used a scrap of 28ct Ooak  (Roxy  Floss Co) that was left over from Which Witch and Silky and DMC threads from my thread collection.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

Chart – Smell My Feet

Designer – La-D-Da

Fabric – 28ct Ooak – Roxy  Floss Co

Threads – Silky (Black) DMC 9Mauve & Green)

Stitched – 1 floss thread over 2 linen threads.

4 comments:

  1. Love the socks! What a pretty yarn you used for them! While the stitching is slower, I think you are off to a good start on the La D Da piece. Have a good weekend, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, the socks came out well I think and they are so soft. I've just been on line and ordered some Christmas colours but they are not the same yarn so may not as soft as those ones. Thanks for stopping by. x

      Delete
  2. The socks are very cute...keep moving forward with your hand, but don't over do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resting it has really helped, so I'm pacing myself! Thanks for your visit and Happy Stitching! xx

      Delete