29 Nov 2023

Christmas Cheer Santa – Mill Hill

 Last night I finished the second of the two Mill Hill Santa’s for my Goddaughter’s two girls.

I started making them something for Christmas a while back but the tradition of a decoration for their very own tree only started a few years back.

The first thing I made for them was their  Bucilla  Christmas Stockings, in fact the whole family have one.

My Goddaughter Nicola's one was the first and it was stitched in 1981.  The kits have definitely become more intricate over the years!

In 2020 I knitted the girls an entire Nativity, complete with Camel, Donkey and Sheep.


Then in 2021 the tradition of an ornament each started.

First was the hoops which were charts from Just Cross Stitching Magazine.


Then  last year they had Mill Hill Snowmen.  

I wonder what Mill Hill kit they will have next year!

 Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

8 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces you have shared, Sue! Well done on getting your Santa finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I finished the last one just in time, ready to give to the girls next week. Have a good week. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Lovely Christmas ornaments.
    They are so very pretty.
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I hope the girls like them. Have a good week . Sue x

      Delete
  3. That Nativity is so sweet, Sue! The Santas, snowmen and stockings aren't too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Stasi. It was fun knitting the nativity but I wish the Camel, sheep and donkey were in proportion to the rest of the pieces. The girls didn't care though! Have a good week. Sue x

      Delete
  4. I left a comment on your previous post about sock knitting.
    I had meant to leave this link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAHNevjRieJntxA4mKzjOo3VrvChv1YW/view
    Hope you find it helpful
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, I'll definitely go have a look and give it a go at some point. Thanks again, Sue x

      Delete