15 Oct 2023

Spooky Stitching Season

 The Halloween stitching continues and last week I mentioned that I was going to stitch a couple more designs from the ‘Winds of Autumn’ book from Blackbird Designs.

I started Spell of the Moon on 8th October and had it finished in just 6 days, which surprised me because I was out and about quite a bit last week, meeting friends that I hadn’t seen for some time, visiting garden centres and having lunch.

It was stitched on 36ct Panettone from Roxy Floss Co, at Evertote and I changed the threads up to

Roxy Floss Co, Vampish, Weeks Dye Works Gold(2221) and the called for Pelican Gray.

There was still some ‘Vampish’ left over, so I decided to make a start on October 31, from the same book.

Next week I’ll be doing some finishing on these two pieces and the frames from Picture Frames Express have arrived for, Which Witch, Autumn Dream and Mighty Acorn, so at least two of those will get framed. (Mighty Acorn is still a wip)

Other fun news is that I’ve signed up for my first virtual  ‘Jingle Ball’ hosted by Steff of Lindy Stitches

There are no less than twelve designers to keep us occupied over the weekend of the 4th December for the price of the entrance ticket and here are also paid for classes to sign up for.

I’m not technically minded and have never done a zoom or anything like that before and have no idea how they work, so as it’s my first Jingle Ball,  I think I’m just going to lurk in the background and see what’s what. If I'm brave enough I may drop into one of the stitching rooms , we will have to see,

It seems that our Indian Summer we were having as well and truly passed and the daytime temperature has dropped by 10 degrees in a day to what it usually is at this time of year, but it's still a shock to the system.    Apart from one day of rain, it’s beautifully sunny but very much colder, so time to pull the winter woollies out and I may even cast on a new pair of socks, who knows.

 I hope you all have a good week.

  

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

Chart – Spell of the Moon & October 31

Designer – Blackbird Designs – Winds of Autumn book

Fabric – 36ct Linen - Panettone

Dyer – Roxy Floss Co

Floss – Roxy Floss Co, Weeks Dye Works

Stitched  - 1 floss threads over 2 linen threads

4 comments:

  1. Spell of the Moon is a lovely finish. You have made an awesome start on the October 31st piece. What pretty frames arrived! I think you will enjoy The Jingle Ball in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Everyone said how fab the Jingle Ball was last year so thought I would dip my toe in. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. Your "Spell of the Moon" turned out great! I'm attending the Jingle Ball, so we will have to meet up somehow! See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stasi. xx It would be good to 'meet up' at the ball, if I can suss out how it all works!!

    ReplyDelete