9 Oct 2023

Mighty Acorn - Blackbird Designs


 I made a some great progress on Mighty Acorn, from Blackbird Designs over the weekend and I think I’m nearing the half way mark now.

Mind you, that house took a bit of stitching!

When I first started it I wasn’t sure if I liked the colour, Schneckley, from Weeks Dye Works.  But I told myself that Barb knew what she was doing when she designed it, so I carried on regardless and yes,  I love it now!!


I’m going to put it away for a while now,  and have a new Halloween start, so I just need to decide on one.  There are a couple of designs in the same 'Winds of Autumn book that I like, so it will most likely be one of those. 

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

 

*************

Chart – Mighty Acorn

Designer –Blackbird Designs – Winds of Autumn Book

Fabric – 36ct Linen – Wren – Picture This Plus

Floss – Hand Overdyed Cotton – Weeks Dye Works

Stitched  - 1 floss threads over 2 linen threads

4 comments:

  1. Awesome progress on Mighty Acorn, Sue! I look forward to seeing which Halloween piece you start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mighty Acorn piece is growing nicely...pun intended. I just love the autumn theme and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of the season too Stasi, I think that's what attracted me to the book. There's nothing in there not to love!! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete