23 Oct 2023

Finishing

 Unfortunately, I think I’ve damaged a tendon in my right hand, meaning, I’ve been unable to stitch for the past week, and it’s been so frustrating because I have so many things I wanted to work on.

I think it happened about two weeks ago when I was trying to undo a tight lid on a bottle of water, because the pain started the day after. At the time, I still managed to stitch a little bit but it gradually got worse as the week went on and I’ve ended up not being able pick things up or grip anything with that hand because of the shooting pains.

Cold compresses, strapping it up and rest are apparently the only things that will heal it, so no stitching for me for a little while, at least.

The small bit of stitching I did manage to get done was to finish my second piece from the Winds of Autumn Book, by Blackbird Designs, 'October 31'.

I was going to finish it the same as in the book but then decided to do it as a flat. I edged it with some beaded trim and attached it to a black metal spiders web with a magnet.


That was it as far as the stitching went, but this morning while fully finishing that piece, I finished and framed three more pieces.

The first was ‘Which Witch’ from La-D-Da.

And  Autumn Dream from Cottage Garden Samplings.

Then it was on to ‘Spell of the Moon’ from Blackbird Designs. 

 I was undecided if I wanted to make it into a small pillow and in the end decided against that.  What I ended up doing was making it into a flat.  I covered the backing board of the frame with a piece of wool fabric, added a strip on black lace and then mounted it onto that……..and there you have it!

Before I gave up on creating completely, I decided to give a little bit of knitting a go, thinking that the knitting needles would be easier on my hand than the sewing needle.  

That didn’t turn out to be the case, but I did manage to get a good start on a pair of socks.

This is my first time trying two at time with magic loop and it’s not going too badly, although I did tangle the yarn a few times.  I’m knitting the ‘Vanilla Socks’ pattern by Kay Litton, using West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 Ply, in Wildflower (872)


So that’s it!

I’m not expecting to have anything to share with you next week, so until our sewing needles cross paths again,  

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

Before I leave you, here's a quick photo of my dresser, all ready for Autumn and Halloween.


2 comments:

  1. Sue......bummer!!! Sorry about your hand! Take it easy and let it heal...hopefully soon! Your framed pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful assortment of finishes, Sue! I love the frame you used for the Witch. The socks are looking good. I hope your tendon is feeling better. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete