27 Sept 2023

Which Witch?

 I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m really a monogamous stitcher at heart, but like most other stitchers' I want all the charts and want to start them straight away.

In the scheme of things my collection is small, 8 fully kitted projects, 5 part kitted, about 10 charts in waiting and just 6 wips, but I find it overwhelming.  

I don’t know what to pick up next and have a feeling of guilt that my chatelaine has been sitting there since 2021 and is still not finished , so how some of you have in excess of 40 wips waiting to be stitched is beyond me!

Anyway, for the time being I’ll carry on as I am and at some point try and get some structure to the way I work on my projects, in the hope I can feel better about the ones that are just languishing in project bags.

Over the last weekend I worked on ‘Which Witch?',  from La-D-Da and made a good bit of progress on it.

This is where it was left after one day of stitching when I started it on 9th September.

I wouldn’t usually choose to stitch on darker fabric but this was purchased as a kit and I have to say I’m loving this Roxy Floss Co ‘Ooak’.

This is where I am now, after a further 4 days.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

Chart – Which Witch?

Designer – La D Da

Fabric – 28ct Linen – Ooak

Dyer – Roxy Floss Co

Floss – Roxy Floss Co – Vampish

Stitched  - 2 floss threads over 2 linen threads

9 comments:

  1. Awesome progress on Which Witch, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stitching up so fast Robin. I think it's to do with not having to keep changing the colour of the floss!! Happy Stitching! PS. can you send me a link to your blog please?

      Delete
    2. Hi Sue! I would if I had a blog, but I don't. Are you on Instagram?

      Delete
    3. Oh, I thought from your profile, you had a blog. I'm on Instagram as the same, I'd rather be Stitchin and I'm in a few facebook groups too. x

      Delete
  2. You are moving right along Sue! Love your needle minder! I have many projects started, I think because that is my favorite part of stitching....putting that first stitch into a piece of virgin fabric. I just go where my heart/needle lead me, but I do get the "guilts" often when I realize how much I have waiting on the side lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's growing fast!! I've not done many monotone projects but I'm loving how quickly I'm getting through her. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful stitching Sue. Where have I been that I’ve never even heard of Roxy Floss? I must investigate!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margaret, where have you been, Lol!! Check out Evertote, as they are the sole distribituers I believe. Also check out their floss tubes, Off the Grid Needlearts, and Evertote, Notes from the Workshop. I'm sure you'll be hooked! Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete