24 Jul 2026

‘July Garden’ from Sub Rosa Designs

 July 4th this year was very special for my stitching friends ‘across the pond’, because they were celebrating 250 years of independence and as I'm sure you'll have seen, Facebook and Instagram  has been awash with all the amazing stitching everyone has been doing, from big beautiful samplers to little pin pillows.

To  mark such a special occasion our 'Cross Stitch Camp' leader, Sheri, the  Colorado Cross Stitcher decided we should stitch something patriotic, in Red White and Blue or in the colours of our own country’s flag for the  July project.

Sadly, we don’t seem to be quite as patriotic over here, or at least there's not many charts around  with our Union Jack or the flag of St George on them, so, just sticking with the Red, White & Blue theme  instead, I came across  and downloaded  ‘July Garden’ from Sub Rosa Design.

I did my own floss conversion from stash and stitched it on a scrap of 36ct hand dyed mystery linen.


I made a slight adjustment to my stitching by leaving off the row of white birds along the top.

I also still had to stitch the camp badge that Sheri designed for this year, so I used the same threads as my main project and stitched it on a mystery piece of 14ct mystery Aida.

You'll notice that thanks to some nice easy straight stitches, I've changed the flags to cute little Union Jacks.

 I've still to add it to my camp project bag, but it's turned out to be much larger than all my other badges, not that that really matters.     All the others were stitched on 36ct!

Happy Stitching!

Sue

xxx

Now where are the rest of the marshmallows for toasting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment