16 Jul 2024

Float Like A Butterfly - Plum Street Samplers

 My  July Cross Stitch Camp project is finished and to say it was out of my comfort zone is an understatement.

The brief was to take a full colour chart and change at least two of them, to make it reflect yourself.  

Up until now, I've never been brave enough to change more than the shade of a particular colour but with this, I jumped in with both feet and changed up everything!  

I’ve changed the fabric to a Lavender colour and have used only three of the original called for thread colours.


I finished it as a pillow, edged with chenille trim. 

 Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

Chart – Float

Designer – Plum Street Samplers

Fabric – 36ct Hand-dyed Linen – Coffee Craft Fabrics

Floss – DMC – called for – 501, 503 & 730

Changed DMC threads – 28, 32, 155, 470, 928, 3041, 3766, 3799, 3809, 3010, 3813 & 38495

6 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. The colorsd are bright. Like it.
    Greetings Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind, thank you Gabi . Happy Stitcting! Sue x

      Delete
  2. This looks fabulous, Sue. I love the thread colors you picked. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I was pleased with the way the colours went together. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Oh, Sue, the colors you've chosen are just delightful! You really did a great job and the butterfly finish is lovely with that pretty chenille trim. Enjoy your day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Thank you Carol. I was torn between pale blue or that trim but I was pleased I went with the green in the end. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete