5 Jul 2024

Cross Stitch Camp – July

The challenge for this month is to take a full colour chart and change at least two colours, so that it more represents you.

Hands down, that means shades of Mauve and Teal in my case and I pulled a selection of threads that I might possibly use.

The chart I’ve chosen to stitch is ‘’Float’ from Plum Street Samplers and I’ve decided to go completely rogue, changing the fabric and floss for a  totally different look.

A full list of floss colours will follow, because I’m choosing them as I stitch, but this is my progress so far.


This new stitch brings me to my final start, for a challenge that I decided to join in with back in September last year, and that was 'Celebrate 50 New Starts', with Michelle from Penny’s Daughter Shares on Instagram, to celebrate her 50th birthday.

For the full list of projects I’ve worked on, click on the tab at the top of the page but here’s a quick breakdown of the status of those projects.

The first project was started on 28th Oct 2023

The final project was started on 4th July 2024

39 projects have finished and 11 projects are currently wips

38 projects have been fully finished and a further 3 projects are still waiting to be fully finished.

And lastly

9 projects are components of bigger collection and will not be fully finished until the rest of the pieces are also finished.

 These finishing figures could still change, because the challenge doesn’t end until September.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x


Chart – Float

Designer – Plum Street Samplers

Fabric – 36ct Hand-dyed Linen – Coffee Craft Fabrics

Floss – DMC (so far) 28, 32, 928, 3799, 3809, 3813, 3849

No comments:

Post a Comment