24 May 2024

Prairie Schooler Santa 1995

 At last, I’ve finally finished the 1995 Prairie Schooler Santa that I started to stitch in July last year. 


 And why did he take so long to stitch I hear you ask?

Well, he went AWL and disappeared without a trace for several months, despite looking high and low for him, but in the end I found him safe and sound in his project bag, behind the dresser in my sewing room.  

I can only think he must have slid off the top of a pile of bags as I was putting them away and I didn’t notice.

Anyway, after pulling my hair out looking for him, I got the final stitches into my May -  12 in 12 Christmas ornament and have plans  to FFO him over the weekend, along with a couple other finishes I have.

Then, as per the unspoken ‘Prairie Schooler Santa’ rule, I finished one, so I immediately started a new one!

Updated (4/6/24) to show FFO



This is the 2023 Santa.

Friday to Sunday was the usual ‘Chatelaine Weekender’  and I did join in but I was away Saturday and didn’t get back until Sunday afternoon, so didn’t get very much done on Butterfly Lace Mandala.

I made a start on the next 1 over one butterfly.



I hope you’ve all had a good week and managed lots of little x’s on your projects.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

1995 Santa

Designer -  Prairie Schooler

Fabric – 18ct Aida – Tea/Coffee Dyed by myself

Threads – Called for DMC


Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found Santa..he needs to come out this year at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete