24 May 2024

Cross Stitch Camp 2024

Time flies and once again we are just days away from the start of another summer cross stitch camp, that Sheri, Colorado Cross Stitcher organises for us each year.

We will have the usual three monthly challenges, two of which are based around colour.

June -  Take a one colour pattern and add a splash of colour to it OR  Take a multi colour pattern and stitch it in just one colour.

July – Change out at least two colours in your pattern to something more you.

The final challenge for  August – is the same as it always is and that is to stitch something new to you – (new fabric or count, new type of thread, new designer or a new way of finishing.

At the time of blogging this, I have no idea what so ever what my projects will be, but I hope to sort something out over the weekend.

We also had a May mini challenge and that was to stitch this years camp badge that Sheri designed, with the colour theme in mind.  

She gave us free rein to choose our own five colour pallet, which reflects us.

Shades of Lavender and Teal have been favourites of mine since I was a little girl, and I  have memories of my bedroom wallpaper and bed linen covered with lavender roses and  also having coats in each of the colours when I was around the age of 4, so of course that was what I had to go with.

The Badge is also start No. 45 for the      #celebrate50startalong

challenge with Michelle of    #pennysdaughtershares  (on Instagram) to celebrate her 50th birthday.

Click on the tab above to see a list of all my starts for the challenge so far.

Happy Stitching!

Sue 

x

3 comments:

  1. I love your color rendition of the camp badge, Sue. Well done! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to summer camp. I too have to figure out my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stitch Camp sounds like fun, Sue, and I look forward to seeing what you choose to stitch. Love seeing all of your badges together--you are a very dedicated camper :) Hope your week is going well! ♥

    ReplyDelete