2 Apr 2024

Sampler Hare – La-D-Da

Well April is here and our clocks have gone forward, giving us lighter evenings, so it really feels like Spring has arrived at last.

The garden is looking a bit of a mess at the moment because I’m going to have the lawn re-laid in the next few weeks and the gardeners have put down weed killer before the new turf goes down.   There are signs of new growth though and my Perris is the star of the show for the time being, until I can get some bedding plants in.


On Easter Sunday,  I  managed to get in one last new start for the month of March and I’m feeling pretty proud of myself because it’s my 40th start for the challenge   #celebrate50startalong    This is the challenge that Michelle from Pennys Daughter Shares  started on Instagram to celebrate her 50th birthday back at the end of September, with the aim to start 50 new projects before the end of September this year.       

The good news…….I have just 10 more to go……yah!

(see the tab above for a list of the projects I’ve started so far)


So, on to project 40.

I’ve had ‘Sampler Hare from La-D-Da sitting here for some time,

I've just never got around to starting it, so Easter weekend seemed the perfect time to get me needle into my fabric.

I’m still trying to stash bust, so I pulled out a piece of 32ct Soft Cream Evenweave and the  threads are a mixture of the called for DMC’s that I had, and then I substituted the ones I didn’t for other DMC and Anchor threads.

Once the outline was stitched, the rest as really fast and I finished it on the 1st April.

I loved working on this so much, I think I’m going to track down some of the others in the series.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue x

Samper Hare

Designer - La-D-Da – Lori Markovic  

Fabric – 32ct Zweigart  Murano Evenweave – Soft Cream

Threads – DMC 612 & 3799 (called for)

Substituted DMC 3768 &3864

Anchor 856 & 1007

 

6 comments:

  1. That's a cute little bunny, Sue! Looking forward to seeing him/her finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so quick to stitch too! I'm going to see if I an find any of the others in the collection because I believe there are more. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. Hare turned out so pretty. I really love the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I'm going to see if I can find some of the others because it was so quick to stitch and I love it. Mind you, I should see if I can fully finish it well first, Lol!

      Delete
  3. Your Sampler Rabbit is darling, Sue. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I really enjoyed stitching it. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete