7 Apr 2024

‘Palace of the Winds’ and some shopping!

 As I’ve mentioned in the past, my idea of ‘Palace of the Winds Wednesdays’ has been a great success for me, given that I didn’t pick it up for some time. 

As I’m getting closer to seeing a finish, I found I didn’t want to put it down.

The last time you saw it was 24th March,  when I had just completed the large semi-circle in the centre of the pattern.

I continued on with my Wednesday stitching but this last week I have been a monogamous stitcher and only worked on this one project.

Pattern Keeper tells me I’m at 92.54% and have just 1858 stitches left to stitch, so fingers crossed I will have it finished this week coming.

My Butterfly Lace Chatelaine will be my next focus for a finish because it’s my oldest wip, and it will replace Palace of the Winds on my stand.

I did a spot of online shopping this week and have had some new charts and threads in the post that  go with some of my Nashville acquisitions. 

First was some beautiful Cottage Garden threads in the colour Jacaranda, to stitch another Jan Hicks chart ‘Arabesque’. 

Then I got threads, fabric and the 2nd chart for the Log Cabin Christmas series, from Little House Needleworks.

And finally, I loved stitching the Sampler Bunny from La-D-Da so much, that I decided to order two more charts and the threads for them. 

I have enough of the fabric used for the first bunny for one more, and I have ordered fabric from 123 stitch, which I’m still waiting for, for the second bunny, so I lots of projects to keep me going over the summer!

Well, that’s all for this week.  I hope you all have a productive week with whatever you are working on.

 

Happy Crafting!

Sue

X

 Palace of the Winds

Designer - Jan Hicks Designs

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden  Threads

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping this comment will come through, Sue! I commented on your last couple of posts, but they don't seem to be appearing so I'm wondering if they went to your spam folder? Anyway, your stitching is looking just gorgeous--those blues and lavenders are lovely together. And what nice stash you purchased! It always amazes me how little things like new charts or threads can lift our spirits :) Enjoy your week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing my my spam folder Carol, so I've no idea what happened , but thank you for taking the time to visit me. It's all to easy to shop on line, especially when you're a little bit bored and even more so when Market has just happened!! Thanks again for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Palace of the Winds is looking fabulous, Sue. Well done on your progress! What a wonderful selections of goodies you purchased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robin. I was supposed to using up my stash, but somehow those bits just happened to end up in my basket. You would think that not having a lns , it would help wouldn't you, but it doesn't, Lol!

    ReplyDelete