24 Mar 2024

Jelly Bean Jubilee – Brenda Gervais

 I purchased this little book of seven charts last year and stitched a couple of the designs, so my aim this year was to finish the

 rest.  But Easter is early this year and I only managed two more, leaving three for next year.

First up is Jelly Bean Garden, 

I then I stitched Hop, Hop, Hippity, Hop, Hop.

Both were stitched on mystery scraps of 36ct linen from my stash and I did a floss conversion to Roxy Floss Co threads.

I’m making them into pillows, as I did with the others but at the moment I don’t seem to have the right colour trim, so I feel an on-line shop coming on, Lol!


Also, over the last couple of weeks I made a good bit of progress on ‘Palace of the Winds’, by Jan Hicks.

This is where it was when you last saw it.

And this is where I am now.

I finished filling in the semi-circle (although I have just noticed I have miss the little flower in the top right) and then went on the bring the stitching up on the right-hand side.


Last but not least for this post, if you have seen my Instagram you will already know that my weekly food shop this week through up a most surprising item.

Our local Sainsbury’s has a small ‘Habitat’ home goods section and tucked in amidst the candles, and ornaments was this small bud vase made of Mango wood.

 

The perfect scissor holder, right!



Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

 

 Jelly Bean Jubilee

Designer – Brender Gervais

Fabric – 36ct Scraps from stash

Threads -Roxy Floss Co,  

 

Palace of the Winds

Designer - Jan Hicks Designs

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden  Threads

2 comments:

  1. What a great find...and your Easter pieces are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never that lucky to find something like that.......I'm still in disbelief, Lol! Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete