1 Jan 2024

My Stats, For 2023

 I love the start of the year when you look back and take stock of all the stitching you did the year before.

I started off the year carrying over just two cross stitch wips, my chatelaine, Butterfly Lace Mandala and Oh Holy Night Nativity,  and I also had one knitting project, a pair of socks to finish off.



Over the course of 2023 I had 74 new cross stitch/embroidery  starts, 2 knitting starts, both pairs of socks and 1 crochet project which was a summer top, and of those 77 new starts 62 were finished and 1 was ditched.

The ditched project was Celtic Autumn, which was started as a sal back in January, but I really wasn’t enjoying working on it.

I had already stitched it once before in the called for colours but had wished I had done it in the autumn shades, hence deciding to stitch it again.   But I was struggling with it and only worked on it for 5 days last year, so despite having a fair amount stitched, I made the decision to sell it, so someone else could love it and finish it.

I ended the year having 62 fully finished projects, including the crocheted summer top and three pairs of socks.


 Just one of those projects was professionally framed by Frames of London and the rest were finished by myself in one way or another. 

So now I find myself in the slightly uncomfortable position of having a whopping 17 wips being carried over into 2024, after taking part in the NYE 12 x 12 yesterday. 

My other plans include trying to finish the two wips carried over at the start of last year because both received very little attention last year.

It’s going to be a fun year

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sue, you had a very productive 2023!!! I'm always afraid to take stock of how many WIP's I have, so admire your accounting. I hope you have another jam packed stitching year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi, I was quite shocked when I started counting everything I had worked on. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful 2023 with stitching and crafting, Sue! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, Happy New Year to you too. Sue x

      Delete
  3. Such big and beautiful projects, Sue! I'm amazed at the detail in the Nativity. Good luck finishing up those WIPs... I'm pretty much a monogamous stitcher so I can't imagine having that many pieces on the go. So glad you are participating in the ornament stitchingalong again on Instagram! Happy New Year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I currently need some luck finishing all those wips, it's really scary having so many, Lol. I'm already looking for ornament charts for 2024!

    ReplyDelete