18 Aug 2022

This week is turning into a very happy one!

 First and foremost, I received some happy, happy, happy mail today……any guesses what’s  inside this?

I’ll tell you at the end, but it’s very, very special!

 The next thing I’m extremely happy about is the fact that I acquired a beautiful dresser for my craft room.

It was my dear friend Tracey’s and when her dad was clearing everything from her house, I asked if no one else wanted it, could I have it please. 

He was only too happy that it was going to be used and loved and it’s a lovely way for me to remember Tracey every time I walk into my craft room.  

Originally it belonged to her mum and it was solid, dark oak with real leaded lights in the doors. When it came to Tracey, she had it painted chalky white, to bring it a little more up to date.  It needs a little touch up here and there but it’s going to be perfect in my room.  I just need to stitch more to fill it up, Lol!

Now then, what was in that parcel?

Well it’s come all the way from Ukraine and it was ordered back in July of 2021, yes, 13 months ago.

 It’s my Velke Potoky Mini Lap Stand…..yah!

It’s so well made and now that I’ve seen it, I think I want a floor stand too!  Mind you, they are extremely expensive , getting on for around £1000 and I don’t know if I can justify spending that much money on one, but never say never, right.

I also had a couple of purchases this morning when I had a little impromptu visit to Home Scenes.

 First up was a little squirrel candle holder. 

Momma Loves You GB showed one on her latest floss tube and said that it would be great to stand a drum on.   Not that I was  actually looking for one, nor do I have a drum to stand on it, but when I saw it on the shelf I couldn’t pass it up, especially as it was only £4.99.

I was also looking at all the Halloween bits and although I don’t normally ‘do’ Halloween, I found this vintage looking cat. 

 I could resist, and I love that his pumpkin lights up!

Now I suppose I’ll have to do some spooky stitching, so to break myself in gently last night, I started on  Blackbird Designs ‘ Waiting for the Harvest from the ‘Winds of Autumn book.  

I know that’s not technically Halloween but it is pumpkins, and then when that’s done I’m going to stitch ‘ Spell of the Moon’ which is in the same book.

 Oh well, that’s it for now, I’m off to play with my Potoky!

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

1 comment:

  1. Sue, I knew what was in that bag right away...I have one and absolutely love it. Not only is it serviceable, it's a piece of art...even my hubby was impressed with the craftmanship. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete