1 Jun 2021

Stitch May-nia 2021 - Review

 At the start of last month I was wondering what Stitch Mayina would have in store for me, being the first time I had taken part. 

Now, 31 days on, what have I learned:-

 

1 -  It’s ok to have more than one project on the go any one time, even though it was extremely difficult to put them away after stitching on them for just 7 days. The consequence being, I now have more WIP’s than I have ever had in my 60 odd years of stitching

  

2 – It’s fine to stitch every day….. It’s good for the sole.

 

3 – I need to buy more Blackbird Designs charts because you can never have too many Blackbirds!

 

4 – I need a bigger bank balance, Lol!

 

So what was Maynia for me?

It was stitching everyday day during the month, starting five (+2 extra) new projects (a new one every 7 days) and having three small finishes.

 

I started this journey with, Dreaming of Daisies from Roseswood Manor, stitched on 36ct Aqua, Edinburgh Linen, using Weeks Dye Works threads.

 

Next I worked on the June panel for the Joyful World Sal from Snowflower Diaries, which I completed. I then went on to complete the  July panel and made a small start on the August one.  These were stitched on 32ct, Beige, Murano Evenweave, with a combination of Anchor and DMC threads.

 

Then I made a start on Three Butterfiles from Rosewood Manor.  That is being stitched on  32ct, Pale Cream Belfast Linen.

 

Next up was ‘Have Faith’, from the Songbird’s Garden Series from Cottage Garden Samplings.  This is being stitched on 36ct, Pearl Gray, Edinburgh Linen, using Week’s Dye Works Overdyed Threads.

 

And Finally, A little three day stitch to round up May.  This time it was another of the Little Sheep Virtues, ‘Courage’, which I finished and then made a small start on ‘Love’.  These are all stitched on     32ct Vintage Country Mocha, Evenweave using a mixture of DMC and Anchor threads.


Roll on next May!

 

Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

No comments:

Post a Comment