23 May 2021

Woodland Samplings – Fully Finished at Last!

 At the end of last month, I shared the fact that I had completed stitching the set of six, Prairie Schooler, Woodland Samplings smalls I was working on.

Well, the good news is that I have now finally got around to fully finishing them off without resulting to my default finish of sticking them in a frame or as happens far too often, just sticking them in a drawer, never to see the light of day again.

This time I was determined to display them, either in the lovely wooden bowl or tired tray I brought recently from Home Sense

Thanks to the fab Vonna Pheiffer on Flosstube, I used her videos to guide me through making my first two Flat Folds.  Vonna’s instructions are so clear and easy to follow and I although mine aren’t perfect, I’m really pleased with the way they turned out.  The four smaller panels I made into little pillows.   


Finishing Items

Acid Free Mount Board

Tacky Glue

½ yard Green Spot Cotton – Dunelm

1 x Green Fat Quarter - 1 Russet Fat Quarter

Polyester stuffing

½” Gingham Ribbon

2 x Brown Velvet Brads

3 x skeins each Mauve & Brown DMC floss for cord (made with Krenik Custom Corder)

Rabbit, Acorn, Fir Cone and Year charms

 Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget, if you visit me and have a blog, please let me know, so I can come and visit you.  I would love to hear from you. 

 Happy Crafting!

(Whatever you passion may be)

Sue

X

No comments:

Post a Comment