23 Jun 2024

Black Sampler 2021 – Whilst Iris Naps (no longer completely black) - UpDated with Finishing

 I was hoping that my short break a week or so ago was going to leave  me relaxed and recharged, but no such luck.

For the last week I have been laid up with a summer cold and as per usual it has gone to my chest, leaving me with a hacking cough that I don’t seem to be able to shake off.  I must have been really ill, because I couldn’t even face picking up my stitching!

All joking aside, I did still manage some stitching and finished my Cross Stitch Camp for June.

The task I chose, was to pick a one colour chart and add some pops of colour to it, so I went with Black Sampler 2021 from Whilst Iris Naps.

I have an idea of how I’m going to fully finish it and that will be hanging from a spool, but what I still have to decide is if I should just edge the piece with a nun stitch or edge it with red fabric.  There’s no rush though because I still have to track down a spool.

19th October 2024 - Finishing Update
Originally I had planned to put this on a spool but because I didn’t have one, I decided to make a little bolster pillow instead and pinned the sampler along the top.


Happy Crafting!

Sue

x

Black Sampler 2021


Designer – Whilst Iris Naps

Fabric – 36ct Millstone – Legacy Fibre Artz Linen

Threads – Silky (Black) Roxy Floss Co (Fresh Cut & On Holiday) Classic Colorworks ( Weeping Willow) The Gentle Art (Cranberry)

4 comments:

  1. Great choice for camp...love your pops of color. Hope you're feeling much better by now.....you know you're really sick when you don't feel like stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi. Ys, I'm definitely on the mend but still have that hacking cough. xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to read that you've been ill, Sue. Being sick anytime is no fun, but especially not in the summer. I love what you did with the Black Sampler--those little red hearts are adorable. Take care now! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colds always seem harder to shake off in summer, for some reason, but I'm on the mend now (all be it slowly) thankfully. Christina does design some beautiful charts and I loved the simplicity of this one. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete