14 May 2024

Golden Wedding Sampler, Gold Roses & Orchids’

You may recall me telling you about my lovely friend Tracey, who lost her battle with breast cancer a couple of years ago and how I am now the proud owner of her beautiful dresser, that now displays some of my stitching.

One of her last requests to me was that I would keep an eye on the elderly parents for her.  Although I didn’t really know them very well, naturally I agreed and now we keep in touch by phone  and I visit them every couple of months.

When I visited them last week, they surprised me with an invite to a special lunch to celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary.

After giving it a lot of thought, I came to the conclusion that after being married for 50 years, they probably had everything they needed but I still wanted to give them a gift and decided to stitch them a small sampler to celebrate their special day.

This is ‘Golden Wedding Sampler, Gold Roses & Orchids’, a chart from STG Stitch UK on Etsy.

The frame has been ordered from Picture Frames Express, so I’ll be able to fully finish it in good time for their special day at the start of July.

Updated to show FFO of Golden Wedding Sampler  30/6/24 

I also made a good bit of progress on my Butterfly Lace Chatelaine over the weekend.  This is where I left it last time.

My main aim was to finish that but Yellow butterfly that I’ve been working on for the last week or two.

Then I continued to work on the flowers and butterflies in the outer border and some of leaves around the big butterfly.

I’m now beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, with just two small butterflies and large one still to stitch.  I can also see that my aim to have this finished by my birthday in September may now be a real possibility, meaning I will have been working on it for 3 years, as it was my 65th birthday start.

Happy Stitching!

Sue

x





Golden Wedding Sampler, Gold Roses & Orchids’

Designer - STG Stitch UK

Fabric – 32ct Murano Evenweave – Ivory

Threads – DMC thread conversion from stash

Beads – Mill Hill 

 

Butterfly Lace Mandala

Started 9th September 2021

Designer -  Martina Rosenberg - Chatelaine

Fabric – 28ct Jobelan Evenweave – Antique White

Threads – Called for Silks, DMC and Petite Treasure Braid

Beads – Swarovski Crystals and Delica Beads

6 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to stitch that sampler for your friends parents. I'm sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasi, I hope they like it. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dresser you received from your friend, Sue. So very sad that she is gone, but I'm sure the dresser brings back fond memories of her. Lovely gift that you've created for the Golden Anniversary celebration! And wonderful progress on your beautiful chatelaine. Hope you have a lovely week ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how lucky I am to have the dresser Carol, it's perfect to display some of my stitching and here a sampler on there that I stitched in memory of Tracey. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful piece you stitched for your friend's parents! Well done on the progress of your Chatelaine piece, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Robin, it's not every day you get the chance to stitch something for a 50th Wedding Anniversary. Happy Stitching! Sue x

      Delete