15 Jan 2023

Palace of the Winds – Jan Hicks

At last!   Finally my fabric has arrived from Sew it All and last night I was able to make a start on ‘Palace of the Winds’ from @janhickscreates

I had been hoping to make this my New Year’s Day start but thanks to the postal strikes my fabric didn’t arrive until yesterday.

Lots of firsts involved here: -

My first Jan Hicks chart,

My first time using Cottage Garden Threads

and my first time using Pattern Keeper. 

I’ve not been bothered before, but it’s fun being able to see how many stitched I did on the first evening of stitching (421) and how much, percentage wise I have finished. 

The scary part is that the app also tells me the chart has 24908 stitches in all.

I’m not completely happy with my thread choice as I primarily wanted to do shades of Mauve/Lavender. 

It’s not easy picking these threads when you aren’t able to see them in person and be able to see how the colours change, so I asked Jan Hicks for some help with colours, which she so kindly gave.  

She made a couple of suggestions, Cocoon for the darker shade, Bluebell for the medium shade and Lotus for the light and a lighter pallet, omitting Cocoon and adding in Lambs Ear.

I went with the darker option and now I’m stitching with them, I’m happy with the Aqua in the thread, but not so much with the green in the Lotus. So much so, I have placed another order for a few different  skeins to see how the colours go.

I’m still able to carry on stitching on it thought and am thrilled with Jan’s beautiful pattern.

 

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

 

Chart – Palace of the Winds

Designers – Jan HIcks

Fabric – 36ct Evenweave – Light Grey

Threads – Cottage Garden Threads:- Cocoon, Lotus, Bluebell

 

1 comment:

  1. I will be interested in reading about how you do with Pattern Keeper.

    ReplyDelete