22 Apr 2022

‘Souvenir’ Band Sampler Sal – The BIG Finish!

 Well, I had a total disaster with the last part of the band sampler.

Why I never noticed it last week I’ll never know, but when I went to start cutting my threads this week I realised I’d stuffed up my Kloister Blocks. 

I worked down the left side just fine, but when I began the right side I managed to work my satin stitched in the wrong direction.

No problem I though, I hadn’t started cutting, so I could simply frog them and re stitch the Hardanger.  

But what do I go and do……as I’m cutting the stitches to pull them out I somehow managed to through the fabric.

My first thought was that was weeks of work wasted and I was ready to throw it in the bin, but I left it for a day or two and went back to it to see if I could salvage it.

What I ended up doing was cutting off the fabric below the last flower band.  I then carefully hand stitched another piece to the bottom and re-stitched the Hardanger over the seam. 

I fully finished it on 26th April and it didn’t turn out too bad but I’m sad you can see the seam on either side if the point.  At least I didn’t have the scrap the whole project.

Thank you Thea, for the fun project.  It was my first Victoria Sampler Sal and I can’t wait for the next one!


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x

No comments:

Post a Comment