5 May 2022

Snowy Owl Snowman - Mill Hill

 Alas, no Chatelaine Weekender for me last weekend because I was away for a few days and my chatelaine was too big to take with me.

More about the trip at the end of this but I did still take some stitching with me.

I decided it was time I stitched my first Mill Hill kit and settled on Jim Shore’s ‘Snowy Owl Snowman.  Because it’s stitched on perforated paper, I didn’t need to take a hoop or magnifier with me, so it was the perfect little project.

As you can see, I didn’t get a great deal done while I was away but at least it was a start and I managed to finish him off last night.

All I have to do now is get something to back him with.


Now on to the trip………

I was lucky enough to be invited to a very special House Party to celebrate my cousin Ken’s 70th birthday.  In fact we were celebrating three birthdays, because there was also a 50th and 60th, so very special indeed!

Twenty one of us made the trip South Wales on Friday and stayed at ‘The Whole House, a beautiful restored house and barn situated on a 400 acre working sheep farm, not far from Telgarth, in the Brecon Beacons.
The house had everything you could think of, from a 22foot oak table, so we could all sit and eat together, a cinema room and a hot tub and an assort course complete with zip wire in the garden.  There were even fairy’s living in the house!





 
Note the Fairy Door....there were lots all over the house and outside.

On the Saturday evening we had cocktails and someone came in and prepared a lovely meal for us. 
After that, moved across to the barn for the rest of the evening, were we danced the night away (well not me because my hip pain wouldn’t let me) to a great duo called ‘It Takes Two’. 

It was a fabulous evening, even the fairies had a good time by the looks of things!

Sunday we all did our own thing, exploring the surrounding area, or just relaxing in the beautiful 4 acre gardens before all enjoying an amazing BBQ….and more cocktails!!

We headed home on Bank Holiday Monday and fortunately the traffic was kind to us.

So now you know why I didn’t get a lot of stitching done.


Happy Stitching!

Sue

x




No comments:

Post a Comment