13 Apr 2022

Blackbird Designs – Loose Feather Series ‘For the Birds #6’

My 6th in the series of ‘For the Birds’ from Blackbird Designs is under way as I make a start on ‘Pleasure of the Fleeting Year’.

This one will eventually be the ‘page’ in my heritage book commemorating my Dad, William Hyde and it’s somehow fitting that this design has worked out to be his.

You’ll notice there’s a large house with lots of windows.

Well, when mum and dad married and moved to this part of Essex back around 1946/47, one of his first jobs was as a window cleaner and I can remember him telling me stories of how he would have to go visit some of the very large country houses near to here to clean the windows, on his bicycle.   How he managed a ladder and his bucket while riding it, I’ll never know!

Happy Stitching!

Sue

X

No comments:

Post a Comment